Our Product - Dukes Coffee & Roastery
Continuing with my series of blog posts that feature products in my pantry, I share Dukes Coffee with you today. As with all my other products, Dukes Coffee has been carefully chosen and keeping in line with our motto - supporting local farmers, small businesses and the home cooks who have a great product to offer.
Dukes Coffee & Roastery is situated in the heart of Table View, a utopia of innovation and culture just up the West Coast, on the fringe of the Mother city. They offer a variety of top-quality coffee which is roasted personally by an artisan roaster for the attention to detail and craftsmanship every cup of coffee should include.
Great coffees come from many origins worldwide, but they are passionate and proud that many of the world’s finest coffees are grown right here in Africa, the birthplace of coffee.
These origins along with a diverse selection of other bean origins can be experienced in their signature "Dukes Royal / Espresso" blend. This blend is a full bodied flavorsome coffee. It contains a medium to dark roast made up of 4 select origins, each bringing its own unique flavour profile. A blend of coffee beans from Guatemala, Tanzania, Brazil and Columbia.
So come have an encounter of taste, aroma, community and knowledge where we can grow our passion and love for coffee and all that comes with it.
GREEN BEAN ORIGINS
C O L O M B I A
Washed arabica bean grown in soil that has volcanic origins with relatively low ph levels that retains humidity well.
- Full rich aroma with citric (lime) acidity and medium body. Complex fruity notes with hints of lime and tobacco and dark chocolate notes. A very balanced coffee.
B R A Z I L
Unwashed arabica bean grown in a tropical climate between 600 and 1000 meters above sea level.
- Bright fruited aroma with medium citric acidity and medium to full body. Full flavours with mild nutty and earthy notes and a lingering after-taste of cocoa powder in the finish.
G U A T E M A L A
Washed arabica bean with loamy clay as the predominant element in the soil.
- Beautiful sweet aroma (think biscuits and candyfloss). Lime acidity with good body. Honey sweetness and chocolate powder notes. Perfect creaminess with lingering after-taste.
E T H I O P I A
Washed arabica bean grown in the Limu region 1400 to 2100 meters above sea level.
- Bright floral fruity aroma. Medium citric (lemony) acidity with mild to medium body. Flavours of stoned fruit (peach/nectarines) and Earl Grey tea. Smooth coffee leaving a creamy mouth-feel.
T A N Z A N I A
Washed arabica bean grown in fertile volcanic soil that is lightly acidic, rich in nitrogen, potassium and magnesium.
- Full sweet aroma with hints of chocolate. Good citric (orange) acidity with medium to high body. Bright coffee with fruited flavours and lingering dark chocolate notes in the after-taste.